- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Roasting a pepper is very simple to do
- Experiment with peppers and find out whether your flavor choice is fresh or fresh-roasted! Roasting a pepper is very simple to do. Simply lightly coat the pepper with vegetable or canola oil spray. Heat on a cookie sheet in a 500 degree broil oven for 8 minutes - turning once at 4 minutes.
- OR - place UNOILED peppers directly on a gas stove burner that has been turned on low. When using the gas stove burner, turn the pepper frequently and once, all the skin is scorched....
- Place the burner roasted or broiled bell peppers into a ziploc bag or paper lunch bag and close tightly. As the heated peppers cool, their skins will loosen and separate from the meat. After 15 minutes, remove the peppers from the bag and peel and discard the skins. Rinse well to ensure charred skin has been completely removed.
- Deseed the bell peppers and chop as you would normally before adding into any recipe. This way of roasting bell peppers and hot peppers is a fast and easy way to get a deep, roasted flavor into your cooking. ENJOY!!
NotesExperiment with peppers and find out whether your flavor choice is fresh or fresh-roasted!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
ENGLISH MUFFIN PIZZA
Salted Caramel Apple Cups
Meatball MuffinsSee More