ROASTED PORK CHOPS AND VEGETABLES
- 4 pork rib chops, 1/2" thick (1 lb.)
- 2 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground pepper
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 6 new potatoes, cut into fourths (3 cups)
- 4 oz. mushrooms, cut in half (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 8 wedges
Heat oven to 425. Spray jelly roll pan, 15x10", with cooking spray. Remove
fat from pork. Mix parsley, marjoram, thyme, garlic salt and pepper. Spray
both sides of pork chops with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1 to 1-1/2
teaspoons herb mixture. Place pork chop in each corner of pan.
Mix potatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion in large bowl. Spray
vegetable 2-3 times with cooking spray; stir. Sprinkle with remaining herb mixture;
toss to coat. Spread evenly in center of pan.
Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Turn pork; stir vegetables. Place tomato wedges
on vegetables Bake uncovered 10-15 minutes longer or until pork is slightly
pink when cut near bone and vegetables are tender.
Variation: Love veggies? Add sliced carrots, zucchini and a variety of
bell peppers to the vegetable mixture for a jolt of color, texture and flavor.