- Cooking Time: 7-8 hrs.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 lb. pork roast
- 2 Tbls. flour
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- zest of one lemon
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- For sandwiches: Slices of sourdough bread
- Swiss cheese
- Mushroom Puree
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- Season flour with salt and pepper and dredge pork in flour, coating all sides. Brush off any excess.
- Brown on all sides in hot oil.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add garlic to the hot pan and saute about 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add to the slow cooker.
- Add rosemary, milk, half and half, and lemon zest.
- Cook on high for 7-8 hours.
- If you want to serve this for dinner with sauce, transfer the sauce to a saute pan and cook on medium high until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Use the leftovers for this panini. Butter two pieces of bread on one side. Spread opposite sides with a teaspoon of mushroom puree, top with slices of pork and cheese.
- Sandwich together and cook in a panini pan or press until warmed through and cheese is melted.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Parmesan Corn Pudding
Seven-layer Macaroni & Cheese SaladSee More