- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup halved water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes and artichokes in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
NotesThis went great with pork chops. Maybe my potatoes were bigger than what was called for, because this really did seem like 3-4 servings rather than just 2. I also used a whole can of artichoke hearts, as there was so much potato. Only suggestion to modify the recipe is to use a bit more oil or cooking spray, as some of my potatoes stuck to the pan. But then again I cooked mine longer than the recipe called for as I like my potatoes on the crispy side.
From Cooking for 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
GAES PTO Recipes
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More