- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup halved water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- Place potatoes and artichokes in a shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper; stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring every 15 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
NotesThis went great with pork chops. Maybe my potatoes were bigger than what was called for, because this really did seem like 3-4 servings rather than just 2. I also used a whole can of artichoke hearts, as there was so much potato. Only suggestion to modify the recipe is to use a bit more oil or cooking spray, as some of my potatoes stuck to the pan. But then again I cooked mine longer than the recipe called for as I like my potatoes on the crispy side.
From Cooking for 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.