- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed, halved and cut into 3/4-inch wedge
- 4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & ground black pepper
- 1 med. clove garlic, peeled
- 1 med. shallot, minced
- 1/2 tsp. grated zest
- 1 tsp. juice from one lemon
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss potatoes with 3 tables oil in a medium bowl to coat; season generously with salt and pepper and toss again to blend. Place potatoes, flesh-side down, in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to roast until the potatoes are cooked through and golden brown, carefully turning them with a metal spatula halfway through, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mince garlic with 1/8 teaspoon salt to form a smooth paste. Mix the garlic paste with the shallot, lemon zest and juice, thyme and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large serving bowl. Toss the roasted potatoes with the shallot mixture and serve immediately.
NotesLemon adds a wonderful addition.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More