- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: 4 -6 approx.
- Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In an electric blender or food processor, puree the chickpeas, red peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, cayenne, and salt.
- Process, using long pulses, until the mixture is fairly smooth, and slightly fluffy. Make sure to scrape the mixture off the sides of the food processor or blender in between pulses. Transfer to a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (The hummus can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated.
- Return to room temperature before serving.)
- Sprinkle the hummus with the chopped parsley before serving.
NotesI came up with the recipe after going to my nephews graduation party where we had store bought hummus. The roasted red pepper added so much pep to the dish that I might never eat plain again. It is so good and good for you.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More