- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Two, 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini, toasted sesame paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon Harissa, or other hot pepper condiment, to taste
- 10 ounce jar roasted red peppers
- Kosher salt
- Pulse the chickpeas and garlic in the food processor until uniformly ground. Add the lemon juice and tahini. If needed, add 1/4 water so that the chickpea mixture becomes a smooth paste. Add the cumin, harissa, half of the roasted red peppers, and ½ teaspoon salt. Process until smooth. Taste for spiciness and add more harrisa as needed.
- Add the remaining roasted red peppers and pulse to coarsely chop. Enjoy as a dip or sauce for grilled tofu skewers.
Notes*Harissa is a Tunisian hot pepper sauce. If you can't find harrisa, use any other spicy pepper sauce you have on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More