- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Two, 15 ounce cans chickpeas, drained
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini, toasted sesame paste
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon Harissa, or other hot pepper condiment, to taste
- 10 ounce jar roasted red peppers
- Kosher salt
- Pulse the chickpeas and garlic in the food processor until uniformly ground. Add the lemon juice and tahini. If needed, add 1/4 water so that the chickpea mixture becomes a smooth paste. Add the cumin, harissa, half of the roasted red peppers, and ½ teaspoon salt. Process until smooth. Taste for spiciness and add more harrisa as needed.
- Add the remaining roasted red peppers and pulse to coarsely chop. Enjoy as a dip or sauce for grilled tofu skewers.
Notes*Harissa is a Tunisian hot pepper sauce. If you can't find harrisa, use any other spicy pepper sauce you have on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More