- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus additional for kneading and dredging
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon for greasing the bowl
- 8 ounces buffalo mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Tomato-Red Pepper Sauce, recipe follows
- 12 ounces goat cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Red Chili Oil, recipe follows
- Whisk together the yeast and 1/4 cup of the water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes to proof. Place 1 3/4 cups of the flour in a large bowl with the salt. Add the yeast mixture, the remaining water, and oil and stir until combined. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead until smooth. Grease a large bowl with the remaining oil, add the dough and turn to coat. Cover and place in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to high. Once the dough has risen, divide it in half, and divide each half into 2 balls. Roll each ball into an 8-inch circle. Brush with oil and grill on both sides until golden brown.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce on each pizza and top with goat cheese and basil. Place pizza on the grill and cook until bottom crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly. Remove from heat, drizzle with red chili oil, and serve.
NotesA pizza by Bobby Flay. If you like spicy food, this might be perfect for you.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Clean banana oatmeal cookies
Spaghetti CupcakesSee More