- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 to 1-1/4 lbs. sweet italian turkey sausage; (I use hot)
- 3 onions, cut in one inch chunks; (I use vidalias)
- 1/3 cup plus one tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 sub or sausage buns
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In a 9 x 13 pan combine sausage, cut into one inch chunks, with onion and balsamic vinegar. (I added a hearty amount of black pepper.)
- Roast in oven until sausages are completely browned, onions nicely carmelized and liquid is almost completely evaporated, about forty-five minutes. Stir occasionally, and add water in 1/4 cups if pan seems to be drying out. (I stirred it a lot and it didn't get dry until the last few minutes, so watch closely!)
- Remove from oven, add an additional Tbsp. of balsamic vinegar and one Tbsp. water.
- Let stand for three minutes, then stir, scraping up brown bits and sauce.
- Pour into serving dish, or serve directly in buns.
- Serves four.
- My Notes: add more onion and peppers (red or green).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More