- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 Cups
- Preparation Time:
- Roasted Sesame and Honey Snack Mix
- 3 cups Chex cereal (any variety)
- 3 cups checkerboard-shaped pretzels
- 3 cups sesame sticks
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbs. sesame seed, toasted, if desired
- Heat oven to 275.
- Mix cereal, pretzels, sesame sticks and nuts in ungreased jelly roll pan, 15x10".
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Pour over creal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
- Bake 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
To quickly toast sesame seed, cook in a small nonstick skillet over medium
heat 1-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until light golden brown.
To ease the load of last-minute preparation, make this snack mix up to 1
week ahead and store in an airtight container.
Serve the snack mix in a purchased wine or pot-pourri bag