- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Olive Oil
- 3/4 lbs. orzo pasta (rice shaped pasta)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
- Ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. (16-18 count) shrimp,peeled & deveined
- 1 cup minced scallions, white & green parts
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cucumber,unpeeled,seeded,and medium diced
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion
- 3/4 lb feta cheese, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Fill pot w/ water, add 1 tbsp of salt and a splash of oil, bring to a boil. Add the orzo and simmer for 9-11 min., stirring occasionally, until cooked. Drain and pour into large bowl. Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tspns salt & 1 tspn of pepper. Pour over hot pasta & stir well.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp on a sheet pan, drizzle w/ olive oil, & sprinkle w/ salt & pepper. Toss to combine and spread out in a single layer.Roast for 5 min.,until they are cooked through. Don't overcook.
- Add shrimp to the orzo & add scallions,dill, parsley,cucumber,onion,2 tspns salt, & 1 tspn pepper. Toss well. Add feta and stir carefully. Set aside at room temp.for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend or refrigerate overnight. If you refrigerate it, taste again for seasoning & bring back to room temp. before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More