- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Spanish olives -- manzanilla or gordal, with pits
- 1 orange -- sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup whole almonds -- with skins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine the olives and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 2 hours.
- Drain the oil out and serve the olives warm or at room temp. with assorted cheeses.
NotesThis is my adaptation of a Tyler Florence recipe I made for a tapas party. I use more orange cause roasted, it's delish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More