- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Spanish olives -- manzanilla or gordal, with pits
- 1 orange -- sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup whole almonds -- with skins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Combine the olives and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 2 hours.
- Drain the oil out and serve the olives warm or at room temp. with assorted cheeses.
NotesThis is my adaptation of a Tyler Florence recipe I made for a tapas party. I use more orange cause roasted, it's delish!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More