ROASTED SPANISH OLIVES WITH ORANGES AND ALMONDS
- Servings: 10
- 1 pound Spanish olives -- manzanilla or gordal, with pits
- 1 orange -- sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/2 cup whole almonds -- with skins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Preheat oven to 300.
Combine the olives and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 2 hours.
Drain the oil out and serve the olives warm or at room temp. with assorted cheeses.