- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Medium squash, cut into large chunks
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4-5 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3/4 to 1 lemon
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- 1.Pre-heat the oven to 350F (180C). Place the squash in a baking dish and drizzling with olive oil. Season with a little salt and pepper. Roast until tender -- about 35-40 minutes.
- 2.Once cooked, remove squash from oven and cool. Once cooled, cut into small cubes, making sure you slice off and discard the skin.
- 3.Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine the garlic, basil and olive oil together in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice and salt and whisk with a fork until mixture emulsifies (thickens and combines). Taste and add a little more salt if necessary. Set aside.
- 4.Steam the asparagus until tender but crisp -- about 3-4 minutes. Test a spear before removing it from the steamer to see if it's ready. Remove spears from steamer and place on serving plates.
- 5.Assemble salad by arranging asparagus spears on a plate with squash, sliced cherry tomatoes and slices of avocado. Drizzle on dressing. Serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
MetroCooking Texas 2013
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More