- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 apple (I prefer Braeburn or Honey Crisp)
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1) Heat oven to 400 F
- 2) Prick the potatoes with a fork, place on a baking sheet, and roast until tender, 40-45 minutes
- 3) Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and apple and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 10-12 minutes
- 4) Halve the potatoes, scoop out the flesh, and add to the saucepan. Add 6 cups of water, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Cook until heated through, 8-10 minutes.
- 5) Puree the soup in the saucepan using a handheld immersion blender (or, working in batches, a standard blender) Add water, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
NotesI love hearty soups, and this is one of the best I've had. The celery and apples give it a nice crunch!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Jean’s Recipe File
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More