- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbspns olive oil
- 1 Tbspn kosher salt
- 1 1/3 tspns pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbspns butter
- 1/4 tspn crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes, with their juices
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tspn fresh thyme leaves
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread tomatoes in 1 layer baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- In an 8 quart stockpot over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with 2 tbsns olive oil, butter, and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes util the onions start to brown
- Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 min.
- Pass through food processer.
NotesOne of my friends had oral surgery and requested tomato basil soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking with SabraSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More