- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbspns olive oil
- 1 Tbspn kosher salt
- 1 1/3 tspns pepper
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbspns butter
- 1/4 tspn crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes, with their juices
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 tspn fresh thyme leaves
- 1 quart chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss tomatoes, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread tomatoes in 1 layer baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes.
- In an 8 quart stockpot over medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with 2 tbsns olive oil, butter, and red pepper flakes for 10 minutes util the onions start to brown
- Add the canned tomatoes, basil, thyme, and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 40 min.
- Pass through food processer.
NotesOne of my friends had oral surgery and requested tomato basil soup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More