ROASTED TOMATO PASTA
- Servings: 1
- 2 roma tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 2 pieces bacon (optional, cut, or pancetta, etc.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- 1 serving pasta (cooked)
1. Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
2. Place the mixture in a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 45 minutes minutes.
3. Place the mixture in a food processor.
4. Add the fresh herbs.
5. Use the food processor to chop the sauce to the consistency that you desire.
6. Toss with the pasta and serve.