Roasted Tomato Pasta
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
2 roma tomatoes (sliced in half)
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
2 pieces bacon (optional, cut, or pancetta, etc.)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon basil (chopped)
1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
1 serving pasta (cooked)
1. Place the tomatoes, onion, garlic, oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, basil, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat.
2. Place the mixture in a baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 45 minutes minutes.
3. Place the mixture in a food processor.
4. Add the fresh herbs.
5. Use the food processor to chop the sauce to the consistency that you desire.
6. Toss with the pasta and serve.