- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil cooking spray, for pans and baking dish
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1 package (10 oz.) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package (8 oz.) baby Bella mushrooms, quartered
- 6 ounces small (1/2 inch in diameter) cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1-3/4 pounds eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 large egg whites
- 12 (7 oz.) oven-ready (no-boil) lasagna sheets
- 6 ounce medium zucchini, trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F and arrange racks in upper and lower thirds. Lightly coat a large shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2. Wrap garlic in foil, sealing tightly, and place in one corner of prepared pan. Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, in same pan; season with pepper. Roast in upper third of oven, without turning, until garlic is softened and tomatoes are golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Carefully unwrap garlic, peel and transfer to a food processor fitted with a blade. Add roasted tomatoes and 2-1/2 teaspoons rosemary; pulse until tomatoes are chopped. Transfer to a large saucepan and stir in crushed tomatoes with puree. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced to 6-3/4 cups, about 15 minutes, for sauce. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered.
- 4. Meanwhile, lightly coat another large shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange mushrooms, in a single layer, in prepared pan and roast in lower third of oven, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer mushrooms in pan to rack to cool.
- 5. Meanwhile, preheat broiler and arrange rack 5 to 6 inches from heat. Lightly coat a large shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange half of eggplant slices, in a single layer, in prepared pan and season with pepper. Broil, turning once, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining eggplant slices.
- 6. Stir together ricotta, egg whites, and remaining 2 teaspoons rosemary in a bowl; season with pepper. Set aside.
- 7. Preheat oven to 375 degree F and arrange rack in center. Lightly coat a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Evenly spread 1-1/2 cups sauce in bottom of dish and cover with 4 lasagna sheets, overlapping slightly if necessary. Evenly spread ricotta over lasagna and cover with half of mushrooms. Cover with half of eggplant slices, then spread evenly with 1-1/2 cups sauce. Continue layering with 4 lasagna sheets, 1 cup sauce, remaining mushrooms, and eggplant. Cover with remaining 4 lasagna sheets and top with remaining 2-3/4 cups sauce, spreading evenly. Arrange zucchini slices, in a single layer, over top.
- 8. Cover with nonstick foil and bake until lasagna sheets are tender and sauce is bubbling, about 40 minutes. Remove foil and sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano; season with pepper. Bake, uncovered, until zucchini is golden and tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes before cutting and serving. Makes 10 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More