- Cooking Time: 60-75
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, onion and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until almost soft, 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and 1/4 teaspoon the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and herbs in a large bowl. Add the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, 1/2 cup of the ketchup and 2 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar and the vegetables and mix until just combined.
- Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the remaining ketchup and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl then brush the mixture over the entire loaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for approximately 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More