- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThanks to Alton Brown, this recipe is so tasty spread on a bagel...
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Challah, foccacia, bagels, or pita bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place the bell pepper, onion, garlic, zucchini, and olive oil in a medium mixing bowl and toss until the vegetables are coated.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on a sheet pan lined with foil and place in the oven.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until they are soft and are beginning to turn brown around the edges, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place the vegetables in the bowl of a food processor along with the cream cheese and process until well combined and spreadable; do not process until completely smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread on soft bread or bagel of your choice. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.