- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Challah, foccacia, bagels, or pita bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place the bell pepper, onion, garlic, zucchini, and olive oil in a medium mixing bowl and toss until the vegetables are coated.
- Spread the vegetables evenly on a sheet pan lined with foil and place in the oven.
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until they are soft and are beginning to turn brown around the edges, approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Place the vegetables in the bowl of a food processor along with the cream cheese and process until well combined and spreadable; do not process until completely smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Spread on soft bread or bagel of your choice. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.
NotesThanks to Alton Brown, this recipe is so tasty spread on a bagel...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mom's Cooking Secrets
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More