ROASTED VEGETABLES WITH GARLIC AND PASTA
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 1 leek, sliced (white part only)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 eggplant, cut in quarters lengthwise and sliced
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- crumbled feta cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine all vegetables in a large roasting pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, blend 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings.
Pour the blended ingredients over the vegetables and toss until covered well.
Roast in oven for 45 minutes, stirring twice.
While roasting vegetables, cook pasta according to package directions.
Remove vegetables from oven and pour the remaining balsamic vinegar over the vegetables
In a large bowl, toss together cooked pasta, roasted vegetables, chicken, and chicken broth.
Serve with crumbled feta cheese or grated Parmesan cheese over top.