- Cooking Time: 45-60
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 20
- 64 oz jar of peeled garlic or about a dozen bulbs of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup canola oil
- Cut off brown (hard) ends of garlic and put into saucepan.
- Cover garlic cloves with oil and set on lowest heat setting.
- Stir occasionally making sure that garlic does not burn.
- As it garlic cooks it you will notice a change in smell to a sweet almost nutty scent.
- Cook for about 45 minutes - this is approximate, just keep cooking until all cloves are buttery soft.
- Using slotted spoon, take out garlic and store in glass jar.
- Keep oil, as you now have garlic oil as well!
- Stored in fridge, it keeps almost indefinitely.
- Garlic oil needs to be used more quickly, as it can become rancid
NotesI make a huge batch of this and use it in recipes that call for garlic, but that I don't want to put that extra "bite" in. It's also great just spread on some crusty bread - comfort food at its best!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
MidLife Road Trip's
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More