- Cooking Time: 45-60
- Servings: varies
- Preparation Time: 20
- 64 oz jar of peeled garlic or about a dozen bulbs of garlic, peeled
- 1 cup canola oil
- Cut off brown (hard) ends of garlic and put into saucepan.
- Cover garlic cloves with oil and set on lowest heat setting.
- Stir occasionally making sure that garlic does not burn.
- As it garlic cooks it you will notice a change in smell to a sweet almost nutty scent.
- Cook for about 45 minutes - this is approximate, just keep cooking until all cloves are buttery soft.
- Using slotted spoon, take out garlic and store in glass jar.
- Keep oil, as you now have garlic oil as well!
- Stored in fridge, it keeps almost indefinitely.
- Garlic oil needs to be used more quickly, as it can become rancid
NotesI make a huge batch of this and use it in recipes that call for garlic, but that I don't want to put that extra "bite" in. It's also great just spread on some crusty bread - comfort food at its best!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More