- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- AUSTRALIAN LAMB
- •2-3 medium Australian lamb racks (7-8 bones per rack)
- SEASONING BLEND
- •2 teaspoons thyme, dry, whole
- •1 teaspoon salt
- •1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- FRESH MINT BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- •¼ cup olive oil
- •½ cup chicken stock
- •2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- •3 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- •8 cups salad greens (optional), such as curly endive, frisée or your favorite, washed
- 1.Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2.Combine seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle over the meat.
- 3.Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Brown lamb on both sides for 3 minutes each side. Pour off fat from pan, but save any juices to make pan sauce later.
- 4.Transfer lamb to roasting pan and roast, fat side up, in the middle of the oven for 13-15 minutes until the internal temperature is 130-135°F for medium-rare. Remove racks to a warm platter and let rest for 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
- 5.Set the original skillet back on a burner. Add stock and scrape up any browned pieces from the bottom of the pan. Reduce to about 1 tablespoon. Add vinegar and remove pan from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and mint to form vinaigrette. Cut the racks into individual chops and serve, topped with the sauce atop salad greens.