- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (~3 cups of pieces)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 egg white
- -Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- -Pull apart or chop cauliflower into 1 inch pieces (about the size of a large grape).
- -Grease a baking sheet with the coconut oil (Optional: line the sheet with foil or parchment paper)
- -Mix together the coconut flakes, curry powder, salt, and cayenne. You can do this in a bowl or an easier way is to use a gallon sized zip-top bag.
- -Beat the egg white in a medium bowl just until frothy (~30 seconds).
- -Toss the cauliflower in the egg white until evenly coated. Place the egg white coated cauliflower in the bag or bowl with the coconut and spices. Toss again until the cauliflower is coated.
- -Empty the bag or bowl onto the greased baking sheet. Gently, to not dislodge too much coconut, spread the cauliflower into a single layer.
- -Roast for 15 minutes. Gently turn the cauliflower again leaving it in a single layer. Roast an additional 10 minutes. Check for doneness.
- -Remove and eat. Some of the spiced coconut will have fallen off and formed toasty clumps, serve these as a garnish on top.
- From: http://doghillkitchen.blogspot.com/2008/04/roasty-toasty-coconut-curry-cauliflower.html
NotesThis cauliflower is an easy, tasty, crunchy treat. The curry spices give off their fragrant aroma and the coconut gets crisp and sweeter when toasted on the outside of the cauliflower.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More