- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb. real butter
- 2 C white sugar
- 1 small pkg slivered almonds or other nuts
- 4 oz good quality chocolate
- Place butter and sugar in a heavy pan, preferably cast iron or cast aluminum.
- Heat on high until butter is melted.
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring often until candy reaches hard crack stage.
- A small amount dropped into cold water instantly forms hard strings.
- It will look like it is burning, but just keep stirring like crazy, it has to turn toffee colored.
- Add almonds or other nuts.
- Quickly pour on to a jelly roll pan spreading out with spoon.
- After candy has cooled a little, place chocolate pieces on top.
- When chocolate has melted, spread thinly with a table knife.
- Let candy cool until hardened.
- If you want nice tidy pieces, score the candy while it is still warm with a table knife.
- After it is hardened, pick it up with your hands and drop to break into serving size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or zip lock bags.
NotesWho doesn't love nutty toffee? So yummy and easy to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More