- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 lb. real butter
- 2 C white sugar
- 1 small pkg slivered almonds or other nuts
- 4 oz good quality chocolate
- Place butter and sugar in a heavy pan, preferably cast iron or cast aluminum.
- Heat on high until butter is melted.
- Cook over medium-high heat stirring often until candy reaches hard crack stage.
- A small amount dropped into cold water instantly forms hard strings.
- It will look like it is burning, but just keep stirring like crazy, it has to turn toffee colored.
- Add almonds or other nuts.
- Quickly pour on to a jelly roll pan spreading out with spoon.
- After candy has cooled a little, place chocolate pieces on top.
- When chocolate has melted, spread thinly with a table knife.
- Let candy cool until hardened.
- If you want nice tidy pieces, score the candy while it is still warm with a table knife.
- After it is hardened, pick it up with your hands and drop to break into serving size pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or zip lock bags.
NotesWho doesn't love nutty toffee? So yummy and easy to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More