- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryI concocted this recipe after digging through the cabinets and refrigerator for SOMETHING to feed the family on the night before grocery shopping. It's been an all-time favorite of everyone's ever since.
- 15oz can Chili (any variety)
- 8oz pkg. Cream cheese
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1c. Shredded cheese
- ¼ c. Chopped green onion
- 1 uncooked pie shell
- Soften the cream cheese and spread into the bottom of the uncooked pie shell.
- Spread your favorite chili over the cream cheese, straight from the can. Prepare corn bread mix according to package direction, and pour over chili, filling pie shell.
- Bake 35-45 min at 400degrees.
- Cornbread should be completely cooked at this point, if not return to oven for 10 min intervals until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese and green onions over the top before serving.
- Try adding:Corn and green chilies to the corn bread mix for extra flavor.
- Serve with: Spanish rice, Lettuce/Tomato salad, and sour cream.