- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 15oz can Chili (any variety)
- 8oz pkg. Cream cheese
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1c. Shredded cheese
- ¼ c. Chopped green onion
- 1 uncooked pie shell
- Soften the cream cheese and spread into the bottom of the uncooked pie shell.
- Spread your favorite chili over the cream cheese, straight from the can. Prepare corn bread mix according to package direction, and pour over chili, filling pie shell.
- Bake 35-45 min at 400degrees.
- Cornbread should be completely cooked at this point, if not return to oven for 10 min intervals until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle shredded cheese and green onions over the top before serving.
- Try adding:Corn and green chilies to the corn bread mix for extra flavor.
- Serve with: Spanish rice, Lettuce/Tomato salad, and sour cream.
NotesI concocted this recipe after digging through the cabinets and refrigerator for SOMETHING to feed the family on the night before grocery shopping. It's been an all-time favorite of everyone's ever since.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Blueberry Banana Blast
Cincinnati Bengals Bacon & Mac Grilled Cheese
AFRICAN CHICKEN STEWSee More