- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Thaw the puff pastry sheet on the counter for 30 minutes, until workable but not soft. If it becomes unmanageable, place it in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Unfold the pastry sheet and place it on a floured cutting board.
- Beat an egg in a bowl and, using a pastry brush, spread the egg all over the top surface of the pastry sheet.
- Sprinkle the curry powder all over the surface of the dough; it will adhere to the egg. Using a sharp knife, slice the pastry into ¼” wide strips. Pick each strip up and twist it in opposite directions, forming a spiral shape.
- Place the straws on a parchment-lined sheet pan and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until puffed and golden. Let cool before enjoying with a glass of Finger Lakes Riesling.
NotesThis recipe developed by Rochelle Bilow, a wine and food ambassador for Finger Lakes Wine County, celebrates easy entertaining and simple wine pairing.