- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4-10
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryMy dad has made this salsa for years. He makes it whenever we have company and brings it to most family gatherings. The many friends he’s made with this salsa always ask for the recipe.
His salsa is the most common snack at my parents house and my mom swears that it’s her favorite medicine. Growing up, if you were the one to finish off a batch (usually stored in large reused yogurt containers) then you’re responsible for making the next batch.
Because he uses canned tomatoes (which are typically very ripe upon canning), this salsa can be made year round.
Please be careful, it’s super easy to make and it’s very addictive.
- 28 oz. can of peeled tomatoes (No tomato skin people!)
- 1 yellow or white onion about the size of your fist (quartered)
- 1 bunch cilantro (large bottom stems removed)
- 1-5 chiles (serraño, habañero, etc), basically as you can handle.
- Mince chiles in food processor. This may require scraping sides to get the chiles back to the blade.
- Add the onion and cilantro.
- Pulse processor a few times.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Blend at high speed for 10-15 seconds.