- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: Approx 18 pieces
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Line 13×9-inch baking pan with wax or parchment paper.
- In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter with condensed milk; once melted, remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine peanuts and marshmallows; stir in chocolate mixture.
- Quickly spread the mixture in prepared pan.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove candy from pan; peel off paper and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- - Quick Microwave method -
- In 1-quart glass, measure and combine chocolate chips, butter and condensed milk.
- Cook at HIGH (100% power) for 3 minutes, stirring after 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir mixture to melt chips.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Proceed as directed above.
NotesThis recipe is a Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday favorite, but can be enjoyed at any time of the year! My mother gave this recipe to me when i was a little girl, making it for me to take to school potluck functions. Don't let the simple ingredients fool you, this is a rich and luscious treat!
Submitted by: "Jeanine Maury"
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More