- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: Approx 18 pieces
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- Line 13×9-inch baking pan with wax or parchment paper.
- In a heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips and butter with condensed milk; once melted, remove from heat.
- In large bowl, combine peanuts and marshmallows; stir in chocolate mixture.
- Quickly spread the mixture in prepared pan.
- Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove candy from pan; peel off paper and cut into 1 inch squares.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.
- - Quick Microwave method -
- In 1-quart glass, measure and combine chocolate chips, butter and condensed milk.
- Cook at HIGH (100% power) for 3 minutes, stirring after 1-1/2 minutes.
- Stir mixture to melt chips.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Proceed as directed above.
NotesThis recipe is a Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday favorite, but can be enjoyed at any time of the year! My mother gave this recipe to me when i was a little girl, making it for me to take to school potluck functions. Don't let the simple ingredients fool you, this is a rich and luscious treat!
Submitted by: "Jeanine Maury"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Italy or Bust
My Family CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More