- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chocolate crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Soften unflavored gelatin in cold water; stir over low heat until dissolved. Combine softened cream cheese, sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, and vanilla; mix at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add the gelatin mixture; blend well.
- Whip cream to soft peaks and fold into the cream cheese mixture along with chopped nuts. Pour over the crust. Chill until firm.