- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsalted, softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt, and add to butter mixture one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. DO not chill dough. Divide dough into two balls. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip cookie cutters into flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Makes about 2 doxen cookies.
- Note: I personally never end up using all of the flour mixture.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Recipes Worth Counter Surfing For - Vizsla Owners Best Loved RecipesSee More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More