- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil, for oiling hands and spatula
- 1 1/2 t plain gelatin
- 1/8 c water
- 4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 t glycerine
- Rolled fondant is the fondant that can be rolled over a large work surface and placed over cakes and fruitcakes. It can be shaped and can be coloured.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan. Let sit for 5 minutes, then over low heat stirring frequently, stir to dissolve gelatin. Cover saucepan to keep warm.
- Place the sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add corn syrup and glycerine; do not mix in. Pour the warmed, dissolved gelatin into the well over the top and mix in with a lightly oiled rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Mix until the dough is too stiff to stir. Because the dough will be very sticky, oil hands with a small amount of oil. Knead dough until of the sugar is incorporated.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled surface and continue to knead until smooth and satiny. This will be the texture of clay. If the fondant is too dry, add in a few drops of water and if it is too dry, add in a bit of powdered sugar.
- Shape the fondant into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap well in plastic wrap. Let rest for 20 minutes before rolling and using.
NotesI've been looking for fondant recipes for cake covering. I found this recipe on http://www.perfect-wedding-day.com/fondant-recipe-2.html, but have not tried making it yet. Will update/post a review later
Jesuit Tampa - Between Practice and Homework
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More