- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil, for oiling hands and spatula
- 1 1/2 t plain gelatin
- 1/8 c water
- 4 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 t glycerine
- Rolled fondant is the fondant that can be rolled over a large work surface and placed over cakes and fruitcakes. It can be shaped and can be coloured.
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in small saucepan. Let sit for 5 minutes, then over low heat stirring frequently, stir to dissolve gelatin. Cover saucepan to keep warm.
- Place the sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Add corn syrup and glycerine; do not mix in. Pour the warmed, dissolved gelatin into the well over the top and mix in with a lightly oiled rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Mix until the dough is too stiff to stir. Because the dough will be very sticky, oil hands with a small amount of oil. Knead dough until of the sugar is incorporated.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled surface and continue to knead until smooth and satiny. This will be the texture of clay. If the fondant is too dry, add in a few drops of water and if it is too dry, add in a bit of powdered sugar.
- Shape the fondant into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap well in plastic wrap. Let rest for 20 minutes before rolling and using.
NotesI've been looking for fondant recipes for cake covering. I found this recipe on http://www.perfect-wedding-day.com/fondant-recipe-2.html, but have not tried making it yet. Will update/post a review later
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More