- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 C butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 48 Rolo candies
- 1 C walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 TBLS sugar
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa & baking soda. Blend well.
- In a large bowl beat 1 C sugar, brown sugar & butter until light & fluffy.
- Add vanilla & eggs. Beat well.
- Add Flour mixture. Blend well.
- Combine nuts & remaining sugar in a small bowl.
- Spray hands with cookie spray - this is a sticky dough.
- Gently wrap 1 TBLS cookie dough completely around 1 Rolo candy.
- Try to handle the dough as little as possible (if that makes sense) Gentle handling and cooking spray will help keep dough from accumulating on your hands.
- Roll ball in nut mixture.
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet 1 inch part.
- Bake 7 to 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- Cool on tray 5 minutes for caramel inside cookie to set.
- Move to cooling rack to continue cooling.
NotesThese showed up in my mom's Christmas cookie line up when my sister and I were teenagers. Now they're in mine too. People gobble these up. You can also make them ahead of time and freeze them. They thaw nicely and keep their taste & consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More