- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- * 10 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- * OR 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- * 2 cups roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 pound)
- * 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- * Salt and pepper, to taste
- * 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- * 2 cloves garlic, minced
- * 1 loaf French baguette
- PREPARATION DIRECTIONS:
- 1. Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2. Stack (5) basil leaves one on top of one another. Roll up. Slice crosswise thinly. Repeat with remaining basil. Combine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sliced basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3. Combine olive oil and garlic in a small micro-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- 4. Cut bread into slightly angled 1/4-inch pieces. Brush with olive oil mixture and place on a baking pan.
- 5. Bake about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Just before serving, drain excess liquid from tomatoes. Spoon tomato mixture evenly over bread slices (bruschetta).
- You must SAVE this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Taste of CenturyLink
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More