- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis variation on the classic Strawberries Romanov dessert has scoops of either Vanilla or strawberry ice-cream added to the whipped cream and strawberries that make up the classic dessert. This recipe is from "Soda Fountain Classics" by Elsa Petersen-Schepelern.
- 1 basket strawberries, about 8oz.
- 2 tbsp liqueur, such as Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or Curacao
- 1 1/2 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 4-8 scoops strawberry or vanilla ice cream
- Rinse the strawberries, pat dry with paper towels and reserve 4 of the best berries for decoration. Hull and halve the remainder (always rinse before hulling, not after, or the strawberries will fill with water).
- Put the cut berries in a bowl, sprinkle with the liqueur and 1 tablespoon of the confectioner's sugar, and set aside for 30 minutes. Whip the cream with the vanilla and the remaining sugar until firm peaks form. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- To serve, spoon the berries into small glass dishes, top with ice cream, whipped cream, and a reserved strawberry, halved.