- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: Several weeks
- 1 C drained fruit, usually canned
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 or more cups glomp starter (sourdough or yeast)
- Every two weeks, add fruit and sugar to 2 or more cups glomp starter (sourdough or yeast).
- Original starter was pineapple, maraschino cherries, and peaches.
- When fruit is fresh, must put aluminum foil over and weigh it down with a plate and block to avoid oxidation.
NotesRon worked with Jean at Amoco Chemicals near Warrenville, Illinois; they shared plants & recipes before they were the ‘in’ thing.
Can serve glomp over ice cream or cake.
Photo from South your Mouth: http://www.southyourmouth.com/2014/01/friendship-fruit-cake-plus-starter.html
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More