- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: Several weeks
- 1 C drained fruit, usually canned
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 or more cups glomp starter (sourdough or yeast)
- Every two weeks, add fruit and sugar to 2 or more cups glomp starter (sourdough or yeast).
- Original starter was pineapple, maraschino cherries, and peaches.
- When fruit is fresh, must put aluminum foil over and weigh it down with a plate and block to avoid oxidation.
NotesRon worked with Jean at Amoco Chemicals near Warrenville, Illinois; they shared plants & recipes before they were the ‘in’ thing.
Can serve glomp over ice cream or cake.
Photo from South your Mouth: http://www.southyourmouth.com/2014/01/friendship-fruit-cake-plus-starter.html
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More