- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or water, but it won't taste as good!!!)
- 1 tsp. root beer extract
- 1 34 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Root Beer Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. root beer extract
- 2 Tbs. hot water
- Mix sugar, butter and egg in bowl until fluffy. Stir in rest of ingredient and mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes or until almost no impression remains when a cookie is lightly touched. Immediately cool on rack . Frost with Root Beer Glaze.
- Root Beer Glaze
- Mix sugar and butter, Stir in extract and water. frost cookies.
- Brown Sugar Drops (variation): Follow above recipe except use vanilla instead of the root beer extract.
NotesOz, this is a very soft cookie. If you like Root Beer, you will probably love this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More