- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or water, but it won't taste as good!!!)
- 1 tsp. root beer extract
- 1 34 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Root Beer Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. root beer extract
- 2 Tbs. hot water
- Mix sugar, butter and egg in bowl until fluffy. Stir in rest of ingredient and mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes or until almost no impression remains when a cookie is lightly touched. Immediately cool on rack . Frost with Root Beer Glaze.
- Root Beer Glaze
- Mix sugar and butter, Stir in extract and water. frost cookies.
- Brown Sugar Drops (variation): Follow above recipe except use vanilla instead of the root beer extract.
NotesOz, this is a very soft cookie. If you like Root Beer, you will probably love this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More