- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or water, but it won't taste as good!!!)
- 1 tsp. root beer extract
- 1 34 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Root Beer Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. root beer extract
- 2 Tbs. hot water
- Mix sugar, butter and egg in bowl until fluffy. Stir in rest of ingredient and mix until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonful 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for 6-8 minutes or until almost no impression remains when a cookie is lightly touched. Immediately cool on rack . Frost with Root Beer Glaze.
- Root Beer Glaze
- Mix sugar and butter, Stir in extract and water. frost cookies.
- Brown Sugar Drops (variation): Follow above recipe except use vanilla instead of the root beer extract.
NotesOz, this is a very soft cookie. If you like Root Beer, you will probably love this one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More