- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 2 teaspoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup butter, buttermilk and eggs, 2 teaspoons root beer extract and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set, cool completely. In a mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients, beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting on evenly over cookies.
- Let dry completely before storing in container. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More