- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 2 teaspoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup butter, buttermilk and eggs, 2 teaspoons root beer extract and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set, cool completely. In a mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients, beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting on evenly over cookies.
- Let dry completely before storing in container. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More