- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons root beer extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon half and half
- 2 teaspoons butter softened
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, 1 cup butter, buttermilk and eggs, 2 teaspoons root beer extract and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat on low speed until dough forms.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set, cool completely. In a mixing bowl combine frosting ingredients, beat at low speed of electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting on evenly over cookies.
- Let dry completely before storing in container. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More