- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- raw beets
- sweet potatoes
- peanut oil for deep-frying
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Peel carrots, parsnips, beets and sweet potatoes.
- Slice carrot and parsnips into long, thin ribbons. Cut the beets and sweet potatoes into thin rounds. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Half-fill a wok with oil and heat to 350°F.
- Add the vegetable slices in batches and deep-fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Place the chili powder and sea salt flakes in a mortar and grind them together with a pestle to form a coarse powder.
- Pile the vegetable "chips" on a serving plate and sprinkle with the spiced salt.
NotesWith Super Bowl coming up, this vegetable chips recipe is an interesting and healthier alternative to the traditional potato chips. And if you are cheering for the Chicago Bears, the orange carrot and sweet potato chips will surely be a big hit! (this recipe is from The Ultimate Chinese & Asian Cookbook)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More