- Cooking Time: none
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 TBS minced onion
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 8-oz. can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1/4 tsp. each: salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese w/ 1 cup walnuts, green peopper, onion, garlic powder, pineapple, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Form mixture into a large ball (or a couple smaller ones). Roll cheese ball in the remaining walnuts. Cover in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with buttery-style crackers.
NotesMy MIL makes this every year around Christmas time. She orginally got the recipe from a woman she worked with (some 15 years ago!) and was sworn to secrecy. Then one day I saw a recipe in my newspaper - it had many of the ingredients I knew were in her version but it didn't appear to be an exact replica. I made it (secretly) just like Rosanne's, using only the items I had picked out through years of tasting - left out a couple of things from the newspaper version and added a couple and wouldn't you know - it was a dead ringer for her "secret cheese ball". It was with great glee that I let her taste the finished version...LOL I then sent it out to all my Bakespace friends in Christmas cards!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More