- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of rose water (ideally, you could also use orange blossom water, or vanilla extract as well)
- Whisk the egg whites and medium speed for 30 seconds, then go to high speed.
- When frothy, slowly add the sugar and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add the rose water and whisk for a moment more. Be sure that everything and your hands are totally clean, the slightest bit of oil can screw a meringue. I had quite a bit left over after all this, so I popped the meringue in little dollops into the oven at 350F for 30 minutes on top of some baking paper for some rose meringue cookies. Yum!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More