- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup fresh rose petals (must never have been sprayed with any chemicals)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 lemon, juice of (1/4 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package pectin (ie. Sure Jell)
- 3/4 cup water
- Puree rose petals, 3/4 cup water and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
- Slowly add sugar.
- Blend till all sugar has dissolved; (leave in blender) Stir 1 package pectin (ie. Sure Jell) into 3/4 cup water, bring to a boil, and boil hard for 1 minute. Pour mixture into blender with rose petal mixture until well blended.
- Do this very quickly - it sets up FAST!! Pour into baby food jars.
- Let set for 6 hours, till firm.
- Will keep one month in refrigerator.
- Freezes well.
- This next recipe was donated by Gina: Rose Hip Jelly 8 cups of rose hips 6 cups of water 1 box of certo 1/2 cup lemon juice 5 cups of sugar Boil the rose hips for 10 - 15 min. until soft enough to crush.
- Crush them and squeeze through cloth, to make juice. For every 4 cups of juice add one box of certo and bring to a boil.
- Add the 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 5 cups of sugar (1/2 tsp. of marg to prevent foam).
- Bring to a boil and boil hard for 2 min.
- Remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal with caps and rings.
- The jelly has a wonderful flavor and is the consistency of liguid honey.
NotesRecipe didn't specify how many pints this makes.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More