- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups white sugar
- 2 cups rosewater
- 1 cup orange flower water
- 1 cup water
- 24 sweet scented pink roses
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Combine sugar, rosewater, orange flower water and water in a non aluminuim suacepan.
- Bring to the boil and cook rapidly until mixture is syrupy.
- Prepare roses by removing white 'heel' from petals and place in a large china bowl with the cup of boiling water.
- Stir gently.
- Add petals and liquid to boiling syrup continuing to stir constantly.
- Boil for a further 30 miunutes, pressing petals down into syrup.
- When petals are tender and syrup has clarified, add lemon juice and continue to boil again til gel point is reached.
- Spoon into sterile glass jars and cap securely
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More