ROSE PETAL PRESERVES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces rose petals from highly scented pink or red garden roses- organic if possible.
- untreated with insecticides and wash throughly
- 4 cups sugar
- 15 ounces water
- 2 T lemon juice
- Cut off the white ends fromt eh petals and layer them in a noncorroding bowl with 1 C sugar, ending with a sugar layer on top. Cover the bowl and let stand 1-2 days.
- When you are ready to make the preserve, rub the petals with one hand until they are reduced to paste. This will take only a few minutes. Dissolve the remaining 3 cups sugar in the water in a saucepan over low heat, making sure the syrup does not come to a boil until sugar is dissolved completely. Sit in the rose petal mixture and boil over med heat about 20 minutes, until it reaches jam consistency- 214-217 degrees on a candy therometer.
- When it reaches the desired consistency and temperture, stir in the lemon juice, bring to boil and remove from heat. Skim the top and pour the preserve into perfectly clean, warm jars and seal. keep in a cool and dark place.
Notesfrom classic turkish cooking..
this is my hubby's fav preserve. Perfect with tea or for breakfest.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More