- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prick sweet potato several times with a fork.
- Heat sweet potato in a microwave on high until tender, about 6 minutes. Cut potato in half and scoop flesh out of the skin into a bowl; discard skin. Mash potato with a fork or potato masher and transfer about 1 cup to a large bowl. Save any remaining sweet potato for another use.
- Mix whole wheat flour, applesauce, and eggs in the large bowl with the sweet potato until a dough forms. Turn dough out on a well-floured surface and roll dough to about 1/2-inch thick. Cut out shapes using a cookie cutter or cut dough into strips with a pizza cutter. Arrange cookies on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until crisp, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More