- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was given to my grandmother by....Rosemarie....I have no clue who she is but her recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember!
It isn't Christmas at our house until we make these cookies!
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 sticks (melted butter)
- 1 jar apricot butter or preserves or seedless raspberry preservers
- 6 oz. bag of semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Red and green food coloring
- 3 pans 11x7x1 ½ or approximate size
- Mix in bowl with electric mixer (if desired), flour, sugar, almond extract,
- eggs, melted butter.
- Separate into 3 bowls evenly. After which you leave one bowl plain, in 2nd
- bowl add 8 drops of red and the last bowl add 8 drops of green coloring.
- Then in greased pans (or parchment lined pans) pour mixture so it covers all of the pan evenly. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven, on wax paper on foil, first turn over green layer, coat
- lightly with apricot, then white layer over that and coat with preserve.
- Last red layer melt chocolate in pot with 1 tablespoon of oil. Coat one
- layer with chocolate, refrigerate until hard then turn over wax paper or
- foil. Coat second layer, let it get hard then cut and slice.