- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 3 eggs (large)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 sticks (melted butter)
- 1 jar apricot butter or preserves or seedless raspberry preservers
- 6 oz. bag of semi sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Red and green food coloring
- 3 pans 11x7x1 ½ or approximate size
- Mix in bowl with electric mixer (if desired), flour, sugar, almond extract,
- eggs, melted butter.
- Separate into 3 bowls evenly. After which you leave one bowl plain, in 2nd
- bowl add 8 drops of red and the last bowl add 8 drops of green coloring.
- Then in greased pans (or parchment lined pans) pour mixture so it covers all of the pan evenly. Bake for 10 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven, on wax paper on foil, first turn over green layer, coat
- lightly with apricot, then white layer over that and coat with preserve.
- Last red layer melt chocolate in pot with 1 tablespoon of oil. Coat one
- layer with chocolate, refrigerate until hard then turn over wax paper or
- foil. Coat second layer, let it get hard then cut and slice.
NotesThis recipe was given to my grandmother by....Rosemarie....I have no clue who she is but her recipe has been in my family for as long as I can remember!
It isn't Christmas at our house until we make these cookies!