- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Servings: aprox 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- 1 small head broccoli, seperated into florets
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (aka 2 capfuls)
- Heat olive oil over medium to medium high in a dutch oven.
- Add chicken and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and 1/2 of the rosemary. Let chicken saute as you seperate the broccoli.
- Add broccoli, season with salt, pepper, remaining rosemary and butter substitute.
- Let cook while you slice squash and mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices then toss in.
- Once everything is almost cooked add lemon juice.
NotesThis is delicous and light. I actually came up with it a few nights ago. The lemon really sets off the Rosemary flavor. Try it and let me know what you think. The key is to not over cook your veggies, dovetailing the steps helps with this. I actually added a little bit of eggplant just because it was handy. I think you could use different veggies depending what looks good that day. Also, just a tip when using dried herbs, if you rub them in your hand as you add them it will release the flavor a bit more.
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More