- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large (4 to 5 lb) or 2 small (2 lb each) pork tenderloins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 5-6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 pkg whole mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups red wine or red cooking wine
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a large roasting pan, rub olive oil and minced garlic over pork tenderloin.
- Top with fresh ground black pepper and pour 1/2 cup of red wine over pork.
- Roast, uncovered, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop onion and strip leaves from half of the rosemary sprigs.
- Rinse mushrooms and toss with chopped onion and striped rosemary leaves.
- Arrange around pork and pour remaining 1 cup red wine over pork and mushrooms.
- Top pork with remaining rosemary sprigs.
- Continue to roast 25-30 minutes, until roast is done but still slightly pink and tender in the center.
- Baste with pan juices and wine occasionally.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Remove whole rosemary sprigs from pork.
- Thinly slice pork and arrange roasted mushrooms and onions around pork slices.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan or serving bowl.
- Combine cornstarch and warm water, whisk into pan juices.
- Serve sauce with pork and mushrooms.
NotesThis recipe pairs pork with red wine, fresh rosemary, garlic, and red onions. Adjust the proportions according to the size of the pork tenderloin. I used red cooking wine, but you could also select your favorite red wine. Please welcome another Jenn Original Recipe.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
CAPT'N CRUNCH Chili Chicken
Salted, Spiced Caramel SauceSee More