Rosemary Balsamic Cream Sauce
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1-2 springs rosemary
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
pinch of kosher salt
few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
- Combine all ingredients except cream & butter in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a low boil and reduce heat to low.
- Allow mixture to reduce by letting it boil on low for 25-30 minutes.
- Mixture should thicken enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Allow the mixture to cool, as it will thicken even more.
- In a saucepan, pour reduced sauce through a sieve to remove big spices.
- Allow sauce to boil and add cream.
- Stir & take off heat.
- Slowly stir in butter.
- Pour sauce over meat as a finishing sauce or over pasta.
*The sauce is best made in advance for the flavors of garlic and rosemary to infuse the sauce.