- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chipped
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 6 rosemary sprigs, coarsely chopped
- Coarse Sal
- 1. Whisk together vinegar, oil, garlic and pepper in a nonreactive bowl. Scatter half the rosemary in a shallow nonreactive dish; arrange meat on top. Cover with marinade; rub gently into meat. (I usually just use a zip lock baggy for this instead of the nonreactive dish). Cover; refrigerate for several hours or over night, turning meat occasionally.
- 2. Before cooking, remove meat from refrigerator and let it come to a cool room temperature. Wipe off bits of garlic and rosemary; discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper and cook as desired.
NotesI believe I found this recipe is a Martha Stewart magazine....or maybe Bon Appetite, I'm not sure. Anyway, You can use it on steaks, chicken or pork (2 pounds of meat). When we go camping, I put this in a freezer bag along with the frozen meat into the ice chest. As the meat thaws, it is also marinading.
Note: I don't season my steak with salt as it tends to make it a little tough