- Cooking Time: 90
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 skinless organic chicken breasts
- 3 large organic carrots
- 1 bunch of organic celery
- 6 sprigs (3"-4" long) of organic rosemary
- 2 T. organic olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 2 T. 22 Seasoning Salute (or another no-salt seasoning mix)
- 2 quarts of low sodium chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups frozen organic peas
- 1 1/2 tsp finely minced organic garlic
- 1 medium organic yellow onion
- 8 oz. yokeless egg noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Pour 1 quart of chicken stock into a large pot.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Place on low heat.
- Cut carrots into coins and add to chicken stock.
- Place four chicken breasts onto a baking sheet.
- Pour 1/4 T of olive oil onto one side of each breast.
- Spread oil with the back of a spoon so the entire side of the breast is covered with oil.
- Place 1 sprig of rosemary on top of each piece of chicken.
- Put chicken into oven. 20-25 minutes for frozen, 10-15 for non-frozen.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, turn over and repeat the oil step.
- Put the breasts back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
- Mince garlic and add to stock mixture.
- Hold the stem of rosemary with one hand. Run the other hand up the stem, removing all of the leaves. Add only the leaves to the stock mixture.
- Add 1/2 of the pepper and 1 T of 22 Seasoning Salute.
- Dice onion and add to the mixture.
- Let the "soup" simmer for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop the celery into 1/4" pieces.
- Add celery to the "soup" and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Take chicken out of the oven and make sure that it is thoroughly cooked.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and add to stock.
- Continue to simmer, stirring periodically.
- In a separate pot, add 1 quart of soup + 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the noodles. Cook according to package directions.
- When noodles are tender, dump noodles and broth into original mixture.
- Add 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Add more pepper and 1 T of 22 Seasoning salute (or to taste).
- Let simmer for about 20 minutes.
NotesI have been making this soup for several months for my boyfriend, changing it each time. He loves it! It's very easy, very inexpensive, it's healthy and it freezes well. Something about chicken noodle soup says "I love you" more than other recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
MetroCooking DC 2013
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More